27 July 2008

Forever showing personality

It's boiling hot outside and summer blog party july is going on. Finally, I have managed to find time and space to create from some of the challenges. Nice thing!

The first contribution is for Lena and Ronja's sketch challenge. The sketch to scrap looks like this


Flowers! They are everywhere. But... it's summer so that's ok. I decided to scrap a flower from my garden. A flower with attitude. ;) You could say he's a star which sometimes shines on my sky and shows me the way forward.


Since this concerns something bright in my life, the yellow color was given from the start. The rest is chosen depending on a combination on what was available, what matched to photo and what contained the messages I wanted to give. The yellow and blue is perfect in a Swedish context and suitable here since we finally are in Sweden. ;) Charcoal is without competition my favourite chalk. It gives that dirty contrasting look which I like. I used some stamps here. It's seldom I use stamps in this way, but I can't explain why I don't use them. Why not just stamp? Did you notice that I also stamped the background paper with light blue courrugated cardboard? That was my first try at this technique and it was indeed tricky. You can see how it turned out in the closeup below.
But, what about the sketch then? I rotated it 270 degrees clockwise, that is 90 degrees counter clockwise, and added some small things but followed the base.


There is still time for you to create for the summer blog party - part two. The deadline is 31st of July 23.59 (Swedish Time Zone). My challenge can be found here and all other participating challenges can be found here.