05 August 2008

Your blue dog

Next challenge is Carola's technique challenge where you are to create a layout of any size with the following must haves:
  • At least three handmade decorations
  • Sew on paper by hand
  • One patterned paper of your won design
  • One black and white photo with one colored detail
No other decorations or patterned papers are allowed. Otherwise are you free to do whatever you want.


This photo of him with his blue dog has been laying around waiting to be scrapped. When I first saw this challenge, that photo was given. But what more? Handmade decorations are familiar, but I wanted to do something different. So... the blue dog is very soft and dangling around all the time. Just like a jumping Jack. Therefore, it had to be a blue jumping Jack, that is an interactive page for him about one of his favourites... :)

I stitched around all edges, a nose, a mouth and on the backside to get a functioning jumping Jack. And yes, it was very time consuming and it made my hands hurt... But are the anything that you don't do in the name of creativity? :) "Dra här" means "Pull here". Designing my own patterned paper to match made me go for a heart and dots paper in red and blue and from this I cut out hearts including one to use in the title. The whole title is handmade - drawn, cut and colored in by me. Finally, I like the combination of white, red and blue which really pops out of the black background.

The blue dog has a story to tell. Snuggles are not common here. But one day, he just fell in love with that blue dog with accompaning rag. You couldn't see one without the other. After some months, we went on a trip. For some reason the blue dog was left behind. Not at home, but on the way. Tears were falling and someone was longing to wrap the rag arond the blue dog and hug him again. I made some telephone calls to the customer centre where the blue dog must have spent the night. They we're rude and refused to help a little boy to find his friend. They refused to connect me to the store in question, the store that was situated almost on the other side of the country from where we were. Grandfather turned out to be the one that came to our rescue from this tragedy. He draw the car... I don't know how many... extra Swedish miles until that store appeared in front of us. I went in and asked. The second person I asked knew. The blue dog was there and they could re-unite. None of them have yet revealed how scared they were that night they didn't spend together...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Härlig story. Vet precis hur det är att ha sin snutte på villovägar.
Och din lo är så välarbetad & snygg!!!

Anonymous said...

Va härligt med den spralliga vovven! Underba layout helt enkelt!!! =D

Lisbet said...

This is just lovely..