14 May 2008

Treasure life...

... do what you love,

always!

I discovered yesterday evening that Scrapaddicted is running fast or speed challenges this week. The challenge for tuesday was to use fabric, wood and metal on a page. A challenge I just had to do. I usually make quite different pages which lately can be characterised by sharp and bright colors. In the middle of all this, I can confess that I also have a weakness for vintage and shabby chick. The theme for Tuesday's speed challenge from Scrapaddicted is made for this later way of scrapping.


But... speed or speedy challenge? It took a while to complete this page. :) I was turning everything upside down in my hunt for treasures to adhere to this page. I was looking very deep down in my stash to find things that go a long way back in time. Wood is in the form of some wood discs, a wood tag and some wood stars. Fabric is made out of a piece of fabric which I wrinkled and sew down on the page, a lot of ribbons and lace in different colors and shapes and a piece of felt ribbon with a star pattern. Metal is paper clips, photo anchor + brads, a zip puller, one button, motif brads, metal thread in gold and blue, charms, photo corner, safety pin and a picture hanger. To this I also added one microscope slide with metal tape around it, two patterned papers,
one tag of my own design (with chalks and Tintz), one golden leaf in some unknown material, one sticker, golden tape and two foot prints in golden vellum. I perhaps missed something out now, but this should be about everything on this page. ;)


I now looked in the blogg and happily I found out that I had one. One of three prizes. I have already said thanks to Jane for a very fun challenge which made me go for something that breaks of in another style. The result must be seen as one part of my BoM - that BoM which consists of one page made here and another page made there. Now I also say thanks that my interpretation of the theme was appreciated. Thanks.


Worthless knowledge about this page is that the photo was not meant to be blue/purple. It just happened to come out that way since the printer toner was running dry. But why should that make me throw it away? Everything is possible to reinterpret to something completely different. :) I should also have made crystal bubbles for the champagne, but I lost that detail when I was creating. If I should tell the truth... it's often such details are lost on the way. You know, there are pretty many details to keep track on... :)

4 comments:

Tezzan said...

WOW, vad cool!!! Så mycket detaljer...

Lisa said...

I love this layout! Thanks for checking out Scrap Your Crap and go ahead and add this to our slide show, it's awesome!

liz mataraza said...

wow! this is stunning! thank you for visiting us and sharing!

oh, and now i know what "Skicka en kommentar" means :)

Liz

SYC

Greta Adams said...

oh that is one cool page!! love all the details to it...